Motivation is the key to achieving your goals. But it can be hard to stay motivated, especially when things get tough. This is how I get things done:
- Set THE goal. A goal that needs to be achieved, and set a time to do it in. When you set a goal, you are more likely to stay motivated because you know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it by.
- Break down large goals into smaller tasks. Large goals can be daunting and can seem impossible to achieve. To make them more manageable, break them down into smaller, more achievable tasks. This will make them seem less overwhelming and more realistic. And when you feel unmotivated just do one small thing on your task list.
- Reward yourself for your accomplishments. When you reach a goal or complete a task, reward yourself. For me, I promise myself a cup of tea when I have completed a small milestone. This will help you stay motivated and on track.
- Find a mentor or accountability partner. Having someone to support you and hold you accountable can be a great way to stay motivated. Tell your family and friends, being accountable is a great way to keep going. People will ask, “how did you get on?” always helps me stay on track, so that I can respond positively.
- Visualise your success. Take some time to visualise yourself achieving your goals. This almost like my mantra, I can see myself crossing the finish line, feel the joy of when that time comes.
- Take breaks. It’s important to take breaks when you’re working on a task. Get up and move around, or take a few minutes to relax and clear your head. Stay refreshed and motivated, regular breaks help massively.
- Don’t give up. There will be times when you feel like giving up. But it’s important to remember why you started and why you need to keep going. If you keep moving forward, doing something towards the goal, you will eventually achieve all your goals.
Staying motivated can be challenging, but it’s essential if you want to achieve the goals. Stay motivated and get things done:
- Get organized. Having a clear plan and a system for staying organized can help you stay on track and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Eliminate distractions. When you’re trying to focus on a task, it’s important to eliminate distractions as much as possible. This means turning off your phone, closing your email, and either finding a quiet place to work or an area you can blast your music, whatever works for you.
- Take care of yourself. When you’re feeling healthy and well-rested, you’re more likely to be motivated and productive. Make sure to eat healthy foods, get enough sleep, and exercise regularly.
- Be positive. A positive attitude can go a long way in helping you stay motivated. Focus on the good things that are happening and believe in yourself and your ability to achieve your goals. Never say ‘it always happens to me’ instead use “What can I learn form this?”
Staying motivated is a journey, not a destination. There will be ups and downs along the way, but if you keep working toward your goal and never give up, you will reach the end.